Advertisement
The Christiansburg Water Wheel

The Christiansburg Water Wheel
Water Wheel
In 1895 a Scottish engineer Mr. John Dagleish Patterson installed this very large iron wheel as prime mover for his sawmilling equipment.
Patterson’s hydro-powered sawmill is the only one of its kind. The sawmill was dismantled but the water wheel remains as an example of how the timber industry was mechanized to exploit the rich natural resources of the area.